At Avalon Airport we want to do everything we can to keep our passengers safe from COVID-19 when travelling. We have instigated a range of measures to do so, and we also ask for your assistance. Help us to help you stay safe.
Victoria’s travel permit system
For up-to-date information about Victoria’s Travel Permit System, please see the Coronavirus Victoria website here.
Though there are no vaccination, quarantine, permit, or testing requirements to enter Victoria, anyone experiencing symptoms or who has been in contact with someone who has COVID-19 should get tested.
Rapid antigen tests (RAT) and PCR tests are widely available across Victoria. For more information, see the Coronavirus Victoria website.
Victorian residents who have tested positive for COVID-19 interstate can return home. While there are no longer any rules in Victoria if you have tested positive, we strongly advise you follow the advice in the Checklist for COVID cases and Checklist for COVID contacts.
Those travelling interstate should always reference that state or territory’s government website for more information.
Restrictions across Victoria have changed. You are no longer required to wear a face mask while in the airport terminal or during your flight. Some airlines may offer complimentary masks which you are welcome to wear.
For more information about when to wear a face mask in Victoria, see the Coronavirus Victoria website.
People aged five and over are now eligible to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for free.
More information can be found here.
How we're looking after your health
In order to provide an experience for you that is as touchless as possible, we’ve installed a new CT scanner at security which doesn’t require you to remove your laptop from your bag unless requested.
Please note that
- Check in kiosks will be cleaned frequently
- If a security guard is required to make contact with a passenger for the purposes of security screening, appropriate PPE will be worn and replaced on each occasion
- Security trays will be cleaned frequently
- We have dedicated entry and exit points to the terminal. Please follow the signs.
- Hand sanitiser stations have been installed throughout the airport
- Floor and LED screen reminders of physical distancing requirements are throughout the airport
- We’ve separated the furniture to allow for physical distancing
Our customer service officers are in the terminal.
Please ask for assistance if you require it and they will be happy to help.
How you can help us
Before you visit Avalon Airport
- If you are sick or have symptoms, do not travel.
- Please check the DHHS website that you are acting within the latest DHHS guidelines by visiting the airport.
- We recommend that you allow a little more time than usual when flying, given new expectations around physical distancing may impact timings.
As you enter the airport
- Please use the supplied hand sanitiser as you enter the check in area and as often as you need thereafter.
At the airport:
- You may practice physically distancing where practical. Please maintain distance from staff, other passengers and people not in your travel group.
- You may practice physically distancing while waiting in any queues. This includes at check in, security, the cafe, or lining up to board your flight.
- Furniture has been placed to allow for physical distancing.
- Please practise good hygiene by regularly washing your hands and sneezing or coughing into your elbow.
- After sitting at a table, please dispose of all your rubbish into bins provided before boarding/leaving.
- Be patient. Note that any abusive behaviour towards staff or any person will not be tolerated. Please be kind to one another.
Processes may take longer than usual due to the extra care being taken for your health in this environment.
We thank you in advance for your understanding and patience.