You probably already know all about Sydney’s top attractions like the Harbour Bridge and Opera House, and it’s no secret Sydney is well known for its food. The city contains a diverse range of cuisines and dining experiences to suit all tastes and budgets, which is why we’re exploring all the must eats in this foodie’s paradise for the next time you fly up.
- Visit the Sydney Fish Market: This market is the largest fish market in the Southern Hemisphere and is a must-visit destination for seafood lovers. You can buy fresh seafood to cook at home or enjoy a meal at one of the market’s restaurants. You can even do a tour of the auction floors to see some rare deep sea creatures with a TikTok star.
- Try Modern Australian cuisine: Modern Australian cuisine is a fusion of different cuisines from around the world, reflecting Australia’s multicultural society. Some of the best restaurants for modern Australian cuisine include Quay, Bennelong, and Rockpool.
- Visit Chinatown: Sydney’s Chinatown is a vibrant area with a wide range of Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and other Asian restaurants. Some of the best restaurants include Palace Chinese Restaurant, Din Tai Fung, and Chat Thai. Din Tai Fung even has a robot waiter to lead you to your seat and take your order.
- Enjoy a meal with a view: Sydney has many restaurants with stunning views of the harbor, including Aria, Cafe Sydney, and Bennelong (located in the Opera House). These restaurants are perfect for special occasions and offer some of the best food in the city.
- Try the local cuisine: Sydney is known for Australian classics like meat pies, fish and chips, and lamingtons. You can get these classics just about anywhere but some of the best places to try these local specialties include Harry’s Cafe de Wheels, Bondi Surf Seafoods, and Bourke Street Bakery.
- Visit a food market: Sydney has several food markets, including The Rocks Markets, Paddington Markets, and Carriageworks Farmers Market. These markets offer a range of food stalls and vendors, making them perfect for trying different foods and flavors.
- Have a picnic: Sydney has many parks and gardens where you can enjoy a picnic. Some of the best places to have a picnic include the Royal Botanic Garden, Hyde Park, and Centennial Park. You can bring your own food or order a picnic basket from a local restaurant.
- Try a food tour: Food tours are a great way to explore Sydney’s culinary scene and learn about the history and culture of the city. Some popular food tours include the Rocks Walking Tour and the Taste of Sydney tour.
These are just a few of the many dining experiences you can enjoy in Sydney. With so many great restaurants and food options, you’re sure to find something that satisfies your taste buds and leaves you wanting more! Avalon airport is easily accessible from both Melbourne and Geelong and with frequent flights to Sydney you could be eating it up in style in no time.